The Box Office Manager oversees ticket window staffing at events and at outside venues when needed. Supervision of event night box office is a core responsibility, as is support of related functions such as ticket system admin and show builds. The Box Office Manager supervises the Assistant Box Office Manager and Event Ticketing Staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee hiring/training/scheduling of outside venue box offices as needed
- Supervise daytime and nighttime box office staff
- Triage and solve customer service ticket issues on show nights
- Complete financial settlements on show nights
- Support ticketing event staff remotely when needed
- Support Ticketing Manager's team with show builds as needed
- Support daytime box office administrative functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervisory ticketing experience in arts and/or concerts
- Background in personnel management
- Demonstrated record of excellent customer & client care
- Manager-level ticketing software experience (knowledge of Ticketmaster products is a plus)
- Basic math and accounting proficiency
- Knowledge of Microsoft products: Word and Excel
- Must be available evenings and weekends
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.