TITLE: CPA / Accountant
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time, non-exempt
COMPENSATION: $22+ DOE
Hello Stranger Inc. is seeking an experienced Accountant to join our finance team in Los Angeles, CA. This position requires a multi-tasking individual to thrive in a fast-paced environment. This individual will be responsible for organizing and updating accounting records as needed (digital and physical), preparing and analyzing reports on transactions, performing regular, detailed audits to ensure accuracy in financial documents, expenditures and investments, reviewing the company's financial information, preparing documentation or reporting related to finances, taxes, or audits; and staying up-to-date on changes in government regulations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regular and timely attendance
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
- Daily communication with the finance team
- Attend leadership and management meetings
- Input/Process data using our accounting program
- Handle day-to-day accounting duties including Accounts Receivable,
Accounts Payable, and payroll
- Perform administrative support functions
- Update and maintain accounting database with data entry and reports
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual reports and audits
- Provide financial analyses as needed for investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Take ownership of reporting costs, productivity, margins, and expenditures
- Maintain expert knowledge of accounting principles as well as an ability to grasp company financial policies and protocols
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Adhere to the highest levels of confidentiality
- Requires good verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Work experience as an Accountant
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Hands-on experience with accounting software
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Background in finance, accounting
- Proficient with QuickBooks, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word software
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related field of study
- 2-4 years of experience working in Accounting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus
At Hello Stranger you will be a key member of the Los Angeles operations and responsibilities. You will experience a pace, level of intensity and standards of excellence not often found in company cultures.
This position will give you the opportunity to grow your accounting knowledge and experience in tandem with that of the company. The ideal person will develop into the position of Controller, and lead the expansion of the finance department.
About Hello Stranger:
Hello Stranger is more than just a song, (a nod to Barbara Lewis’ 1963 hit single), it’s a feeling. It’s a reverent throwback to a time where the crackling of a record spinning filled the living room, when young women and men put on their best digs to see Ritchie Valens and Thee Midnighters play at The Hop, and families gathered along Whittier Blvd. to see the custommade, candy-colored, low-riders cruise by, “bajito y sauvecito.”
What we bring to you with Hello Stranger is a gift from the past re-imagined through the lens of modern design, innovative drinks, playful takes on traditional food, and curated entertainment that speaks to the soul. It’s also an oasis from the noise, the bad vibes and the bullshit. And while our inspiration comes from memories of the past, we’re here to make memories for the future. All are welcome. All are encouraged to get down.
Work to be conducted primarily in office, however some work will be done may be conducted remotely via technology.
- United States (Required)
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this job.