Marketing Specialist: Sponsorships and Partnerships
Position Title: Marketing Specialist: Sponsor & Partnerships
LOCATION: Onsite at our headquarters in the Little Tokyo neighborhood of Los Angeles, CA
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-time, non-exempt
COMPENSATION: $20-23 Depending on experience. This position is part-time (20 hours per week) to start, with the possibility to develop into full-time after 90-day probation period.
Hello Stranger Management seeks a dynamic, independent and driven Marketing Specialist who will be responsible for the day-to-day fulfillment and execution of all sponsor, partnership programs including events and activations, promotional materials, promotional calendar and asset management. As an essential part of the Hello Stranger team, the Marketing Specialist should have rooted interests in music of all genres, old and new, as it is a pillar of the Hello Stranger brand.
You will collaborate with talented teammates who draw on experiences from many different industries, and work with key external vendors to execute a wide variety of initiatives that deliver on the Hello Stranger’s revenue and strategic marketing goals. You will positively represent Hello Stranger to sponsors, partners, vendors, and customers and perform administrative duties in support of all sponsorship and marketing activities.
Sponsorship, Sales, Development, Fulfillment & Administration
- Meet or succeed revenue targets by selling consistently to all possible targets; repeat business, new clients and prospects.
- Meet clients and present and sell sponsorship opportunities and packages.
- Partner with the marketing & media managers and CEO in the creation, implementation and evaluation of the center’s sponsorship plan and sponsorship pipeline.
- Assist the marketing and media team with the development of all sponsorship proposals, including research and prospecting, design and presentation development.
- Manage the center’s sponsorship contracts and track all proposed sponsorships from proposal to signed agreements, as well as ensure all insurance requirements and payment terms are met.
- Oversee the fulfillment and execution of all sponsor related benefits including events and activations, promotional materials, promotional calendar and asset management for local, as well as national sponsors.
- Provide day-to-day ownership, moderation and management for the outreach network including serving as the point person for the sales lead management system, overseeing posting of all content for and by advertisers, and delivering proof-of-performance for all advertisers.
- Assist the marketing & media managers with the development of sponsor recaps, including capturing photography of sponsor assets, compiling results and collecting anecdotal information.
- Own and manage the Sponsorship function including but not limited to lead generation, cold calling, prospecting and presentations, scheduling of and attending meetings and walkthroughs with potential sponsors.
- Demonstrate a passion and knowledge of the local market.
Marketing & Partnership Programs
- Partner with media, marketing, and event production managers to develop marketing and community partnership programs that drive traffic and sales.
- Lead the execution of various marketing and community partnership programs and events including vendor management, target market participation, event budgets and marketing support.
- Partner with team members to ideate, prospect and outreach to potential local partners in the fashion, food & beverage, music, lifestyle and entertainment industries.
- Keep up to date on local market trends and maintain awareness of comp set programming and partnerships.
General Administrative Duties
- Perform clerical duties as necessary, including, but not limited to: responding to sponsor and partnership inquiries, filing, preparing correspondence and/or reports, maintaining databases, keeping schedules and calendars, setting up meetings,and other administrative duties as required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of sponsorship or partnership marketing work experience is preferred
- Experience is the music or hospitality industry is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email programs
- High School degree or equivalent is required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education plus experience in a related discipline is required
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- A high level of professionalism, flexibility and initiative
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy, the ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects, meet deadlines, problem-solve, and multi-task.
- Ability to collect and analyze information used to make sound decisions.
At Hello Stranger Inc., you will be a key member of the Los Angeles operations and responsibilities. You will experience a pace, level of intensity and standards of excellence not often found in company cultures.
About Hello Stranger: Hello Stranger is more than just a song, (a nod to Barbara Lewis’ 1963 hit single), it’s a feeling. It’s a reverent throwback to a time where the crackling of a record spinning filled the living room, when young women and men put on their best digs to see Ritchie Valens and Thee Midnighters play at The Hop, and families gathered along Whittier Blvd. to see the custommade, candy-colored, low-riders cruise by, “bajito y sauvecito.”
What we bring to you with Hello Stranger is a gift from the past re-imagined through the lens of modern design, innovative drinks, playful takes on traditional food, and curated entertainment that speaks to the soul. It’s also an oasis from the noise, the bad vibes and the bullshit. And while our inspiration comes from memories of the past, we’re here to make memories for the future. All are welcome. All are encouraged to get down.
- United States (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- likes to focus on the details of work while understanding the bigger picture
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this job.