Position Title: Film Editor
LOCATION: A combination of work from home & onsite at our headquarters in the Little Tokyo neighborhood of Los Angeles, CA, depending on schedule.
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-time, non-exempt
COMPENSATION: $16 Depending on experience. This position is part-time (10 hours per week) to start, with the possibility to develop into full-time after 90-day probation period.
Hello Stranger Production seeks a dynamic, independent and driven Film Editor who will be responsible for the execution of organizing video content, creating visual media, color correcting videos with software, shifting files through multiple softwares. Individual must be able to efficiently manage and complete tasks in a demanding environment. As an essential part of the Hello Stranger team, the Marketing Specialist should have rooted interests in music of all genres, old and new, as it is a pillar of the Hello Stranger brand. We're here to make memories and leave an impact in the community.
Editing, Organization, Development, Fulfillment & Execution
- Organizing content by successfully managing files on Da Vinci Resolve
- Creating titles & graphics for video content
- Color correcting videos using the Da Vinci Resolve software
- Being able to transcode files promptly to and from multiple softwares (Adobe, Final Cut Pro 10, Da Vinci Resolve, Avid)
- Executing tasks efficiently during high-stress situations
- Assembling all raw footage, with camera shots either recorded or transferred onto video tape in preparation for inputting into the computer
- Inputting uncut rushes and sound, and synchronizing and storing them into files on the computer
- Digitally cutting files to put together the sequence of the film and deciding what's usable
- Creating a 'rough cut' (or assembly edit) of the program/film and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages
- Reordering and fine-tuning the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video.
Additional tasks may include:
- Overseeing the quality and progress of audio and video engineering and editing
- Experimenting with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements
- Writing voiceover/commentary
- Suggesting or selecting music
- Online editing - depending on your role you may also finalize technical aspects such as correcting faulty footage, grading and coloring and adding special effects.
- 2-3 years working with editing software
- Must be knowledgeable with Da Vinci Resolve
- Not required but helpful if knowledgeable with Abode, Final Cut Pro 10, Avid
- Being able to facilitate with Google Drive & Dropbox
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Must have resume and editing reel with application, send all documents & files to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Hello Stranger Inc., you will be a key member of the Los Angeles operations and responsibilities. You will experience a pace, level of intensity and standards of excellence not often found in company cultures.
About Hello Stranger: Hello Stranger is more than just a song, (a nod to Barbara Lewis’ 1963 hit single), it’s a feeling. It’s a reverent throwback to a time where the crackling of a record spinning filled the living room, when young women and men put on their best digs to see Ritchie Valens and Thee Midnighters play at The Hop, and families gathered along Whittier Blvd. to see the custommade, candy-colored, low-riders cruise by, “bajito y sauvecito.”
What we bring to you with Hello Stranger is a gift from the past re-imagined through the lens of modern design, innovative drinks, playful takes on traditional food, and curated entertainment that speaks to the soul. It’s also an oasis from the noise, the bad vibes and the bullshit. And while our inspiration comes from memories of the past, we’re here to make memories for the future. All are welcome. All are encouraged to get down.
- United States (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- likes to focus on the details of work while understanding the bigger picture
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this job.