Hello Stranger is actively monitoring the changes surrounding the Coronavirus-19 epidemic in our regions and surrounding areas. We are vested in creating a space and environment for attendees of our events that is the closest to safe and secure as is within our ability. HS is following the Center for Disease guidelines, along with City and County guidelines, and the local health department.
Because of the risk involved holding events, we ask that you please stay home if you are getting or feeling sick, believe you have been exposed to someone that is sick, or have underlying health conditions. Currently, older adults and persons with underlying health conditions are considered to be at increased risk of severe illness and complications from COVID-19. Examples of underlying health conditions include heart disease, lung disease, diabetes, people with weakened immune systems, and people who are pregnant. The CDC recommends that people in high-risk groups consult with their healthcare provider about attending any large gathering.
If you decide to attend our event, we ask that you practice the safety recommendations set by the CDC and health experts.
- Wear a mask when you go out in public.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Masks should not be placed on young children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
How We Can All Help to Create a Successful Event
In order to create as safe a space as possible, we need the active participation of each individual practicing the recommendations and guidelines set forth by health experts, and Hello Stranger encourages being proactive. That starts with mutual respect of one another, and accountability.
Please aware yourself with the meaning of the following measures: quarantine, self-isolation and self-monitoring. Before attending our event, we encourage you to practice proactive health measures, such as self-monitoring for any symptoms, testing yourself if you feel you have been exposed to the virus, and self-isolating if you have previously been outside of the country. We encourage the same proactiveness after attending our event.
What Hello Stranger is Doing to Mitigate COVID-19 Risks
Hello Stranger is committed to abiding by and enforcing health and safety rules. Below is a list of the steps we are taking to mitigate COVID-19 risks:
- Educating security and staff with safety guidelines and protocols
- Conducting thermal checks of staff, performers, and attendees
- Providing a welcome hygiene packet for attendees
- Providing face masks for attendees that find themselves without one at the entrance of event site
- Providing sanitation stations throughout the event site
- Spacing out seating and gathering areas at 6 feet of distance from one another
- Signage throughout event site encouraging social distancing, frequent use of hand hygiene, mask requirements, and respiratory etiquette
- Installing floor signage for social distancing in public areas of event site
- Regular announcements by event host and performers to follow safety guidelines and recommendations